Babys First Christmas
This lovely decoration was designed by Mandy – it’s a perfect Christening or first Christmas present for a new baby.
8mm & 4mm Swarovski Crystals in the colours of your choice – we’ve used Amethyst, Violet and Violet Opal – the number of crystals that you need will be determined by the length of the name that you are putting on the ornament – the more alphabet beads then the less crystals you will need.
Silver Organza Ribbon
Tools Required: Round Nose Pliers, Side Cutters, Memory Wire Shears, Chain Nose Pliers
1. Begin by cutting a length of memory wire approx 1.5 turns long – don’t forget to use your memory wire shears to cut the memory wire or you will damage your regular cutters.
2. Next thread on the alaphabet beads separated by a 4mm crystal
3. Now fill up the rest of the memory wire using alternate 8mm & 4mm crystals
4. Once you have one complete circle of beaded memory wire you are ready to finish it off by making a loop at either end using your round nose pliers. Snip off any excess wire using your memory wire shears.
5. Now cut a small 10cm length of 0.6mm silver plated wire and make make a loop at one end – use this loop to join together the two ends of the memory wire.
6. Thread three more crystals onto the 0.6mm wire and make another loop on the other end – add on the baby feet charm and wrap the loop to finish it off. Snip off any excess wire using your side cutters and nip in any sharp edges with your chain nose pliers.
7. Finally add a length of ribbon to the top of the ornament and you’re done!