Butterfly Bookmark – these bookmarks are cheap and quick to make and are fantastic presents!
1 x Silver Plated Squiggle Bookmark
0.6mm Silver Plated Wire
1 x 8mm Aquamarine Swarovski Crystal Butterfly
1 x 8mm Light Rose Swarovski Crystal Butterfly
1 x 8mm Peridot Swarovski Crystal Butterfly
1 x 8mm Fuchsia Swarovski Crystal Butterfly
1 x 8mm Crystal AB Swarovski Crystal Butterfuly
1 x Pewter Flower Charm
Tools Required: Round Nose Pliers, Chain/Snipe Nose Pliers, Side Cutters
1. Begin by cutting five 8cm lengths of 0.6mm silver plated wire.
2. Take one of the lengths of wire and using your Round Nose Pliers create a wire wrapped loop, before you close the loop attach it to the ring on the bookmark. Take the Aquamarine butterfly and thread it onto the wire and create another wire wrapped loop, snip off any excess wire with your side cutters.
3. Take a second length of wire and create another wire wrapped loop, before you close the loop attach it to the last loop, thread on a Light Rose butterfly and create another wire wrapped loop.
4. Continue with this until you have attached all the butterflys, finish by attaching the charm onto the last loop.
5. Check that there are no sharp ends sticking out from your loops, if there are use your chain/snipe nosed pliers to flatten them down.
Tip: If you’re not sure how to make wire wrapped loops then the Basics of Bead Stringing Book has some easy to follow instructions and diagrams, alternatively why not come along to one of our beading workshops.