This elegant necklace was designed by Vivien and uses the beautiful Czech glass two holed carrier beads, the design really sets off the beautiful finishes on these lovely beads.
You’ll need to gather the following supplies:
Czech Glass Carrier beads in several colours (we’ve used Jet, Turquoise, White, Pale Gold, Bronze and Jet AB)
8/0 Seed Beads
44 x 4mm Preciosa Glass Pearls
2 x 6mm Preciosa Glass Pearls
Beadalon Wire – 7 Strand Bright
Crimp beads and clasp
Chain Nose Pliers & Side Cutters
- Cut a 95cm length of Beadalon wire and find the center of the wire.
- Thread the clasp onto the wire so that it sits in the centre of the wire and thread both strands through one crimp bead – squash the crimp bead.
- Thread both strands of wire through one 6mm pearl.
- Now split the wire and thread two 4mm pearls onto each strand.
- Now thread on a carrier bead – each strand of wire goes through one hole.
- On one strand of wire thread a 4mm pearl and on the other thread a size 8/0 bead
- Repeat steps 5-6 until your necklace is approx 2cm shorter than you’d like the finished length to be.
- Now repeat steps 4 & 3
- Finally crimp both sides of your wire onto the other side of your clasp.