Becky designed these earrings specially to wear to an amazing evening event with her husband. We loved the design so much that we thought we’d share it with you all. It’s perfect for the coming party season!
You’ll need the following:
4 x Glass Carrier Beads (we used Jet Slipperit)
2 Contrasting Colours of 11/0 Delica Beads
15/0 Seed Beads
8/0 Seed Beads
4 x 3mm Firepolish Beads
2 x 6mm Swarovski Crystal Bicones
2 x 4mm Swarovski Crystal Bicones
Gold Filled Earring Studs
GS Hypo Cement Glue
Fireline Thread and size 10 beading needle
- Begin by making a peyote strip to cover a carrier bead (see our video and free pattern download).
- Zip the peyote strip up around the carrier bead but do not glue it in place at this stage.
- Slip the carrier bead out of the peyote ring and add add a picot edge – exiting from a delica bead pick up 3 15/0 and stitch down into the next delica.
- Stitch up through the next delica bead and continue adding a picot edge.
- Repeat for the other side of the peyote ring.
- Now glue the peyote ring onto the carrier bead using a few dabs of GS Hypo Cement glue.
- You are now ready to assemble the earrings.
- Cut a 50cm length of Fireline Thread and take one of the plain carrier beads. Thread through one of the holes in the carrier bead and pick up 7 15/0 seed beads, 1 8/0 and 7 more 15/0 seed beads:
- Now knot the tail of your thread to the working thread – tie several knots and pull these knots inside the hole in the carrier bead.
- Now sew down through the first 7 15/0 and 8/0 added:
- Pick up 4 15/0 seeds, 1x6mm crystal, 1×15/0, 1x4mm Crystal and one more 15/0 seed
- Now miss out the last 15/0 added and sew back up through the 4mm crystal, 15/0 and 6mm crystal. Pick up 4 15/0 seed beads and sew through the opposite side of the 8/0 you exited in step 10:
- Now sew through the next set of 7 15/0 beads and back through the carrier bead. Step up through to the empty hole in the carrier bead:
- Now pick up 7 15/0, 1 8/0 and 7 15/0 beads:
- Now sew back through the carrier bead and through the first 7 15/0 and 1 8/0 added in step 14. Pick up 3 15/0, 1 3mm Firepolish bead and 3 15/0. Sew back through the 8/0 that you just exited:
- Now sew back through the first 3 15/0 and firepolish bead added in the last step. Pick up 4 15/0, the covered carrier bead, 4 15/0, 1 8/0, 1 3mm firepolish bead, 1 8/0 and 4 15/0. Sew down through the empty hole in the covered carrier bead:
- Now pick up 4 15/0 and sew through the 3mm firepolish bead and then back up through the beads added in step 16 until you are exiting from the top 3mm firepoilsh bead:
- Now pick up 8 15/0 seeds and sew back through the firepolish bead
- Now stitch down through your beadwork and tie several half hitch knots around the thread between two beads. Pull these knots inside the next bead and trim off the tails of thread.
- Add on the earring finding by gently opening up the loop with a pair of chain nose pliers, slip the loop of 15/0 beads into the ring and close it up.
- Repeat for the other earring.