Mama Mia Earrings
These earrings were inspired by the earrings worn by Meryl Streep in the last few scenes of the movie Mama Mia. I have seen the movie twice and each time I couldn’t stop wondering how her earrings were made – I finally worked it out and here they are!
19 Strand Beadalon wire Bright
Three different colours of Delica beads (we’ve used lagoon, chartreuse and opaque sea opal)
4 x Sterling Silver 2x2mm crimp beads
2 x 5mm Sterling Silver closed jump rings
2 x Sterling Silver Earwires round with ball
Tools required: Crimping pliers, Side Cutters, Chain Nose Pliers (optional)
1. Begin by cutting six 15cm lengths of Beadalon wire
2. Take three of the lengths of wire and insert them all into one crimp bead, pop a jump ring onto the wire and insert the other ends of the wire back into the crimp bead – this attaches all three strands of the Beadalon onto the jump ring. It can be a bit tricky to get all the strands of Beadalon through the crimp bead but with patience you should be able to master it – if you’re really finding it hard try using some chain nose pliers to push/pull the Beadalon through.
3. Using your crimping pliers crimp the bead and snip off any excess wire with your side cutters. If you need some help with crimping click here to watch our free crimping video.
4. Thread the delica beads onto the three strands of wire – on one strand use 60 delicas, then 50 for the next strand and 30 for the final strand. You may find it easier to pop a bit of selotape around the end of each strand to stop the beads from falling off whilst you’re threading the beads onto the other strands.
5. Once you have threaded the delicas onto all three strands take another crimp bead and thread it onto all three strands and repeat steps 2 and 3 (when you repeat step 2 make sure you pull the Beadalon nice and tight so that there are no gaps).
6. Open up one of the earwires using your chain nose pliers and pop the jump ring onto the loop and close it off again.
7. Repeat steps 2-6 for the other earring