Add a little Glam-o-ween to your outfit this Halloween with the ‘Medusa’ hair comb. This comb has delicate wirework that look a little like sparkling snakes!
0.4mm Silver Plated Non Tarnish Wire
4mm Czech Crystal Bicones
- Take your hair comb base and thread on 4mm Czech bicones to a length of 0.4mm wire
- Wrap from the loose end of the wire one end and then begin to drop one crystal bead in between each tooth of the comb:
- Just like this:
- When you reach the end of the comb, wrap around a few times to secure. Trim with cutters and make sure to flatten any wire ends down.
- This time, cut approximately 2 meters of wire from the spool. Create a kink in the end you aren’t holding to stop beads falling off. Make a few loops around the comb frame again and begin adding Preciosa glass beads at random, but making sure you get a good balance between small and large beads.
- Continue wrapping beads all along the comb again. Make sure you keep a good tension in the wire to prevent wobbly ones!
- To create the ‘snake’ pieces, take approximately 20cms of wire and thread through the bottom hole of a Chili bead and small crystal. Thread back through the top hole of the Chili bead, ensuring your beads are in the centre of your wire. Grasp the wire tightly underneath the Chili bead and begin to twist. Shape and form the wiggly shape, before finally wrapping onto the tiara base. Trim any excess wire and tuck away loose ends.
- A close up of how to thread your beads.
- Ta-da! Experiment with different shapes and shades to create a totally unique comb that is sure to get headsssss turning!