We love these dainty little 3mm Miyuki Bugle beads, they fit so neatly together in this beaded spiral rope pattern. You’ll need about 3.5g of 3mm bugle beads to make a standard 8 inch long bracelet, but the pattern works equally well as a necklace – for a necklace you’ll need approx 10g of 3mm bugles. We’ve used 3mm bugles and 15/0 seed beads in this design, but you can size it up with 6mm bugle beads and 11/0 seed beads for a chunkier spiral.
Scroll down to add the beading kit to your basket.
For a standard 8 inch bracelet you’ll need to gather the following:
3.5g 3mm Miyuki Bugle Beads
2g 15/0 Miyuki or Toho Seed Beads
2 x Wire Guardians
DuraThread beading Thread
Size 10 Beading Needle
1. Begin by cutting a 2 meter length of thread (this will be enough thread to complete a bracelet)
2. Pick up 1 Seed, 1 Bugle, 1 Seed, 1 Bugle, 1 Seed and 1 Bugle and take them down your thread. Leaving a 20cm tail of thread stitch through the first seed bead added:
3. Pick up 1 Prism, 1 Seed and sew through the next seed:
4. Pick up 1 Bugle, 1 Seed and sew through the next seed:
5. Pick up 1 Bugle, 1 Seed and sew through the next seed:
6. Pick up 1 Bugle and 1 Seed and sew through the next seed:
7. Continue until your piece is the desired length (less the size of the clasp)
8. To attach your clasp exit through a seed bead and pick up 1 Bugle, 1 Seed Bead, a wire guardian. Go down through the other side of the wire guardian and pick up 1 seed bead and 1 bugle. Now pick up one half of the toggle clasp:
9. Sew down through a seed bead and a bugle bead on the opposite side and exit through another seed bead, pick up 1 Bugle and 1 seed and sew through the wire guardian and the beads on the other side of the wire guardian. Now stitch down through your beadwork and finish off your threads by knotting several times between beads.