Strawberry Tea Necklace
This scrumptious neclace was designed by Abi – if red isn’t your "thing" then why not try it in one of the other 8 colour ways that these pretty flower beads come in
1 meter of red microfibre suede
Beadalon wire – 7 or 19 strand are both OK for this project
4 x 2.9mm Sterling Silver Cord Ends
2 x 6mm Swarovski Crystal Round Beads
1 x Sterling Silver S Clasp
2 x Sterling Silver 2x2mm Crimp beads
2 x Sterling Silver Crimp Covers
1 pack of 50 silver plated headpins
Tools Required: Round Nose Pliers, Side Cutters, Chain/Snipe Nose Pliers, Crimping Pliers
1. Measure and cut four separate 20cm lengths of red suedette cord
2. Take two of the lengths and insert them both into one of the cord ends and crimp it closed using your chain nose pliers, insert another cord end onto the other end of the suedette and crimp again – repeat this step with the remaining two lengths of red suedette. You will now have two doubled up lengths of suedette with a cord end crimped onto each end.
3. Onto one end of the lengths of suedette use your crimp beads to attach a small length of Beadalon wire (approx 10cm long).
4. Take all 50 head pins and thread a 4mm Czech Glass Bead and a Flower Bead onto each one and use your round nose pliers to create a wire wrapped loop close up to each flower. Snip off any excess wire using your side cutters.
5. Begin by threading one of the 6mm Swarovski Crystal beads onto the Beadalon
5. Next thread all the finished headpins onto the Beadalon and give it a little shake to push all the flowers nice and tightly up against each other. Finish with the remaining 6mm Swarovski Crystal bead.
6. Crimp the other end of the Beadalon onto the remaining suedette by using a crimp bead to attach the wire to the cord end.
7. Finish by attaching an S Clasp to the two cord ends at the back of the necklace