These friendship bracelets are so fashionable and easy to make in any colour you like…
Suedette & Curb Chain Friendship Bracelet
Begin by cutting two 16cm lengths of silver plated curb chain (make sure you have the exact same number of links on each piece of chain). Join both ends of these lengths of chain together with the 7mm jump rings and add the lobster clasp to one of the jump rings:
2. Now you’re ready to start weaving the suedette cord in and out of the chain as shown below. Leave a little tail of suedette at the start as you will need to glue this later on. As you weave through the chain make sure that the suedette does not get twisted – if necessary stop and use your chain nose pliers to untwist the suedette. The pattern is “over then under” etc
3. When you have woven the whole length of the chain take a moment to straighten it out and make sure that the tension is the same along the whole length – if necesary tighten or loosen any areas as required.
4. Finally take the super glue and add a dab to the last centimeter of suedette cord – fold it over onto itself at both the beginning and end of the bracelet. Leave to dry and then trim.
Suedette & Foxtail Friendship Bracelet
Two Pairs Chain Nose Pliers
1. Begin by dividing the suedette cord into three equal lengths.
2. Now take the three lengths of suedette cord and the foxtail and grip them together and put them into the ribbon clamp – making sure that the foxt tail and all three strands of suedette are secure close the ribbon clamp together firmly using your chain nose pliers.
2. Now plait the suedette cord and foxtail chain – incorporate the foxtail chain into the plait as you go:
3. Once the bracelet is long enough to fit around your wrist twice you’re ready to snip off any excess suedette cord and foxtail and then use the other side of the ribbon clamp to secure the ends (as in step 2).
4. Next use your chain nose pliers and the jump rings to attach the heart charms to the foxtail along the length of the bracelet (we attached them every 3cm).
5. Now cut a 5cm length of curb chain and attach it to one side of the ribbon clamps using your chain nose pliers, using a jump ring attach the remaining heart charm to the end of the chain – this will be an extension chain for the bracelet.
6. Finally use the remaining jump ring to attach the lobster clasp to the other side of the ribbon clamp and your’e done!