These cute pumpkin earrings are fun to make and simple too
Gather the following supplies:
2 x 12mm Round Pearls
11/0 Seed beads in Pale Topaz and Dyed Orange
2 x Brass Flower Bead Cap
2 x Brass Snowflake Spacers
2 x Brass Hill Tribe Spacers
2 x 6mm Brass Closed Jump Rings
2 X Brass Earwires
Fireline Thread in Smoke and a size 12 Beading Needle
- Begin by cutting a meter of fireline and adding your needle. Now knot the fireline around the 12mm bead – tie several double knots so that the thread is securely attached to the bead.
- Pick up 12 pale topaz seed beads and sew back through the 12mm bead so that the beads sit around the outside of the bead.
- Repeat 11 times
- Now pick up 6 dyed orange beads and position them between two rows of paler beads, sew back through the 12mm bead
- Continue adding rows of dyed orange beads between the paler beads, alternate between 5 & 6 orange beads per row so that the finished pumpkin isn’t too symmetrical
- Exit from the 12mm bead and pick up the flower bead cap, snowflake, hill tribe spacer and 6mm jump ring. Sew back through the hill tribe bead, snowflake and flower bead cap and exit from the bottom of the 12mm beaded bead.
- Finish your threads by stitching up through some of the seed beads and tying several half hitch knots. Snip off your excess thread.
- Add the finished earring to the earwires and repeat steps 1-7 for the other earring.