Make your own cute and spooky ghost brooch which was designed by Emma who works in our warehouse packing your internet orders.
12mm Frosted White Preciosa Pearl
16 x White Alabaster Pip Beads
32 x White Bugle Beads
3g 11/0 White Pearl Ceylon Miyuki Seed Beads
2 x 8/0 Miyuki Beads in Black
Tools required: Fireline Thread & Size 10 Beading Needle
- Begin by adding a needle to the longest length of fireline that you’re happy working with. Now thread through the large pearl and knot the thread around the outside of the pearl
- Begin covering the large pearl with seed beads – pick up 12-14 seed beads and thread back through the hole in the pearl from the opposite end so that the beads wrap around the pearl.
- Continue adding more seed beads to the pearl – not too many as you don’t want the beads to tightly packed.
- Now you’re ready to start adding the fringe to the ghost. Exit from a seed bead about 2/3 of the way down the pearl. Pick up 1 seed bead, 1 bugle, 1 seed bead, 1 bugle, 1 seed bead, 1 pip and 1 seed bead.
- Sew back up through the last bugle, seed bead, bugle, seed bead added and then back up through the beads that are covering the pearl.
- Keep adding to the fringe to fill in all the way around the bottom of the pearl. If you like you can vary the length of the fringe
- Now add the two black 8/0 beads to the ghost as shown.
- Finally stitch the brooch back onto the back of the ghost and you’re all done!