These sumptuous earrings were designed by Becky and feature our beautiful silky tassels teamed with sparkling firepolish beads – perfect for a special night out!
Gather the following supplies:
2 x 10mm Firepolish Beads
16 x 6mm Firepolish Beads
2 x Silky Tassels
2 x Lever Back Earring Findings
2 x Eyepins
2 x 5mm open jump rings or 4 x 6mm Open Jump Rings if you are making your own tassel
16 x Silver Plated Flower Bead Caps
4 x Mini Crimps
4 x Clamshells/Callottes
Budget Beading Wire
Tools: Round Nose Pliers, Chain Nose Pliers, Side Cutters
1. Cut a 10cm length of beading wire, thread on two crimp beads, squash the crimp beads and attach a clamshell:
2. Now thread on the beads and bead caps in the pattern shown:
3. Now thread on two more crimp beads and squash them up against the last bead (not too close as you do need space to be able to bring your beads around to form a loop). Add on the clamshell:
4. Now add a jump ring between the two middle beads:
5. Thread the large bead onto an eye pin and create a loop with your round nose pliers.
6. Add the beadwork to one of the loops on the eyepin and the earring finding to the other loop on the eyepin.
7. Attach your ready made tassel to the jump ring. Or create your own tassel by wrapping S-Lon thread around a business card to achieve the desired thickness. Bind the end of the tassel with more S-Lon and add a jump ring. Snip open the ends of the S-Lon and you have created a tassel to add to your earrings.
8. Repeat steps 1-7 for the other earring