Twin Twist Bracelet
Really effective yet simple to make!
1. Cut a 1.5 meter length of Fireline thread and add a needle to both ends.
2. Take the R needle and thread on 5 seed beads followed by the ring from your toggle clasp.
3. Take the L needle and thread on 5 seed beads – let all the beads fall to the centre of the thread.
4. Now take the R needle and pass it through all the beads you have threaded on with the L needle and then through the ring of the toggle clasp and the 5 beads you threaded on with the R needle in step 2. Pull the threads tight and you will now have a loop of seed beads with your toggle clasp attached to it.
5. Now take your R needle and thread on 1 Twin, 1 seed, 1 Twin, 1 seed, 1 Twin, 1 seed, 1 Twin, 1 seed, 1 Twin
6. Take the L needle and thread it through the empty hole on all the twin beads you have just threaded.
7. Take the L needle and thread on 1 seed, 1 Twin, 1 seed, 1 Twin, 1 seed, 1 Twin, 1 seed, 1 Twin
8. Take the R needle and thread through the empty holes in all the twin beads you have just threaded.
9. Take R needle and thread on 1 seed, 1 Twin, 1 seed, 1 Twin, 1 seed, 1 Twin, 1 seed, 1 Twin
10. Repeat steps 6-9 until your bracelet is 1cm shorter than the desired length – as you pull your threads tight the beads will form a kind of “twist”
11.Now take the R needle and thread on 5 seed beads followed by the bar from your toggle clasp.
12. Take the L needle and thread on 5 more seed beads and go back through the 5 seed beads, the toggle and the 5 seed beads just added and you will have a loop with your clasp attached.
13. Now work your L needle back through the twin beads and seed beads on the bracelet until you get to the first U shape in the pattern – exit through a seed bead and then thread on another seed bead (you can use a contrasting colour here if you like) followed by a 6mm Firepolish bead and another seed bead. Now take your needle back into the pattern through the next seed bead at the top of the U shape.
14. Continue down the side of the bracelet adding seed beads until you reach the end, now repeat with the R needle.
15. Finish by taking both your threads through the last twin bead and knotting them together – add a dab of GS Hypo Cement glue to your knot and snip off the excess threads.
Copyright Spoilt Rotten Beads 2008