This long necklace is made with lovely Czech vintage style beads and pretty silver charms.
It’s easy to make and uses leather cord, headpins, & jump rings.
Gather the following supplies:
4 Meters 1mm Leather cord
1 Pack Silver Plated Open Jump Rings
2 x Antique Silver Decorated Cord Ends
1 Pack Silver Plated Ballpins
4 x Vintage Starburst Beads
1 x Vintage Heart Bead
1 Pack 6mm Firepolish Beads
6 Charms of your choice
Tools Required: Chain Nose Pliers, Round Nose Pliers, Side Cutters, Zap Gel Glue
- Take the leather cord and cut it in half. You will now have two 2 meter lengths of leather. Cut these two lengths into four – you will now have 8 50cm lengths of leather.
- Knot all 8 lengths of leather together around 6cm from the end – these shorter 6cm lengths will form the tassel on the end of your necklace
- Now you’re ready to start adding your beads and charms.
- Take a bead and thread it onto a ballpin and make a wire wrapped loop on the top of the bead.
- Add the loop you just made to a jump ring
- Repeat steps 4-5 for all of the beads.
- To add the beads and charms to the necklace simply thread on a loaded jump ring and tie a knot around it with the leather to hold it in place.
- Add a selection of beads and charms to the tassel part of the necklace.
- Now split the 8 longer lengths of leather into two two groups – these will form either side of your necklace.
- Add a selection of beads and charms to each side of the necklace.
- When you’re happy with the result then attach the cord ends to the ends of the leather using the Zap Gel glue.
- Using a jump ring add a lobster clasp to one half of the cord ends and your necklace is finished!