Embellish the edges of a simple flat spiral bracelet with SuperDuo beads for an opulent bracelet…
6mm or 4mm Beads – Preciosa Pearls or Semi-Precious Stones work perfectly
11/0 Miyuki Seed Beads
15/0 Miyuki Seed Beads
SuperDuo Beads or MiniDuo Beads
Mini Crystal Rondelles
Fireline Thread & Size 10 Beading Needle
- Begin by threading your needle up with the longest length of Fireline that you’re happy working with.
- Now take any bead from your stash and thread it on, go back through the bead again so that the thread sits around the outside of the bead. Leave a tail of around 20cm. This is your stopper bead and will be removed at the end of the project.
- Now pick up 2 6mm beads, 4×11/0 Beads, 1 SuperDuo and 4×11/0 Beads
- Thread back through the two 6mm beads and the seed beads and SuperDuos will sit around the outside of the beads
- Now pick up 4×11/0 beads, 1 SuperDuo & 4×11/0 beads. Thread back up through the two 6mm beads and the new loop of beads will sit on the other side of the set:
- Now pick up 1 6mm bead, 4×11/0 beads, 1 SuperDuo and 4×11/0 beads.
- Sew back through the last 2 6mm beads added and the beads will sit around the edge in a loop.
- Pick up 4×11/0 beads, 1 SuperDuo and 4×11/0 beads, sew back up through the last 2 6mm beads added:
- Repeat steps 6-8 until your bracelet is the desired length (for an average sized bracelet you’ll need around 27 6mm beads)
- Now you’re ready to start embellishing the sides of your bracelet. Exiting from the last 6mm bead added thread back up through 2 of the 11/0 beads in one of the loops. Pick up 1 15/0, 1 crystal and 1 15/0 bead and go through the empty hole in the next SuperDuo.
- Now pick up 1 15/0, 1 crystal and 1 15/0 and go through the empty hole in the next SuperDuo.
- Repeat step 11 to embellish this side of the bracelet
- When you reach the end of the bracelet you’re ready to add the clasp. Remove the stopper bead and knot the working thread together with the tail of thread, tie several double knots so that it’s nice and secure.
- Now pick up 5×11/0 beads one half of your toggle clasp and 2 more 11/0 seed beads.
- Sew back through the 3rd seed bead added and pick up 2 more 11/0 seed beads:
- Now sew back through all of the beads in the last loop, and then back up through the last 2 6mm beads added
- Next sew back through all the beads in the clasp loop to add some strength
- Now you’re ready to embellish the other side of the bracelet. With your thread exiting from the first 2 beads in the first loop on the unembellished side of the bracelet pick up 1 15/0, 1 crystal and 1 15/0. Sew through the empty hole in the SuperDuo
- Now continue embellishing this side of the bracelet
- Now you’re ready to add the other side of the clasp. With your thread exiting from the 11/0 beads in the lastp loop, pick up 5 11/0 beads, the other half of the toggle and 2 more 11/0 beads
- Sew back through the 3rd 11/0 added in step 20 and pick up two more 11/0 beads.
- Now sew through the beads in the next loop and back up through the last two 6mm beads before threading through all of the beads in the clasp loop again to add strength. Now finish off your thread by knotting it several times around the thread between two beads, pull this knot inside the next bead and repeat several times before snipping off your tail of thread.