This runway bracelet was designed by Spoilt Rotten Beads manager Becky Tuohy and features delicate 5mm two hole tile beads by Preciosa and SuperDuo beads. Its nice and easy to make so it’s perfect for a quick make!
You’ll need the following:
5mm Two Hole Tile Beads (approx 26 beads)
SuperDuo Beads (approx 160 beads)
Small amount of 11/0 Seed Beads
2 Strand Magnetic Clasp
6lb Fireline Thread
Size 10 Beading Needle
- Begin by picking up 1 SuperDuo and threading through the same hole several times in order to secure your thread. Now pick up 1 Tile, 1 SuperDuo as shown. Leave a tail of thread approx 15cm long (please note the image below does not show a tail of thread being left)
- Now pick up 1 more tile and stitch back through all of your work so that you are exiting the top hole of the first tile added:
- Now pick up 1 SuperDuo bead and step up through the next hole in the superduo bead as shown:
- Now pick up 1 Tile and 1 SuperDuo bead, thread through the lower hole in the Superduo bead and back through the Tile and SuperDuo as shown
- Now thread back through the Superduo and Tile bead and step up through the empty hole in the Tile bead as shown. Repeat steps 3 & 4 until your bracelet is approx 3/4 inch shorter than you’d like the finished length.
- Now you’re ready to add the second layer of SuperDuo beads. Exiting from the Tile bead pick up 2 SuperDuo beads and thread through the first SuperDuo in the lower layer and the tile bead as shown:
- Repeat step 6 for the other side of the bracelet:
- Now you’re ready to add the third and final layer of SuperDuo beads. Exiting from one of the end SuperDuo beads in the second layer pick up a SuperDuo and thread down through the next hole in the next SuperDuo as shown. Thread back up through the other hole in the SuperDuo you are exiting and continue adding a row of SuperDuo beads down one side of the bracelet:
- Thread through to the other side of the bracelet and add the third row of SuperDuos to this side of the bracelet following the instructions in step 8.
- Now you’re ready to add the clasp. Exiting from an empty hole in one of the end SuperDuo beads pick up 2 11/0 thread through a ring on the clasp and pick up 2 more 11/0
- Now thread through everything in the clasp loop and then back through your work so that you are exiting the other SuperDuo bead and repeat step 10 one more time. Thread through everything in this clasp loop one more time to add strength before finishing off your thread (weave into the beadwork and tie several half hitch knots around the thread before trimming)
- Repeat steps 10 and 11 for the other side of the bracelet using the tail of thread that you left in step 1.